I am so proud of you people! These are fiendishly brilliant suggestions. Congatulations to Bill Randall and Mark Rosenfelder who had similar ideas. I liked the Carl-like simplicity of "drugs" suggested by Bill combined with Mark's deft phrasing.
The simple and direct approach seemed the best one for so early in the game, but those with more surreal or explosive suggestions take heart -- your time WILL come. Please feel free to resubmit any of these when you think they might be appropriate again. (Perhaps we will yet get to see our first runner-up, the "Insincere Promise Fairy.")
Suggestions are listed in the order they were received. Thanks for playing and keep those suggestions coming!
- Carl trips on the sidewalk, and from his worm's eye POV discovers an intriguing pattern embossed into a metal grate.
- Carl is reincarnated as a guy named Bill.
- Carl: "She didn't say anything about shooting up!"
- Carl encounters Dekko's robots!!
- The Insincere Promise Fairy appears!
- Carl heads off to his AA meeting.
- "A giant clam!" -- A bit surreal, but okay.
- "Oh boy! Cirque du Soleil!" -- Challenging!
- "Time to make the doughnuts." -- Possibly a trademark violation
- ...that I won't drive cattle! hehehe
- A shot of Carl's hand, behind his back, with his fingers crossed.
- Silent panel, Carl's hand behind his back, fingers crossed. In his back pocket, a ticket for an amusement park.
- Carl points to window. "Ahhh! Flying monkeys!"
- Carl asks, "But can I smoke in bed?"
- Caption: Later...
Carl is drunk -- little popping bubbles around his head -- and says "Maybe I should >hic< call a cab."
- Carl with thot balloon: "Dang, there go my plans for tonight! Maybe I'll stick beans up my nose..."
- Carl goes to the driving range to practice his golf swing.
- Carl ponders: "hmm. What should I have for breakfast?"
- Daisy picks Carl up in her car. Daisy is drunk.
- We see a bunch of tough-looking kids in a beat-up car, drinking.
- The woman throws a frying pan at Carl's head, knocking him out.
- I think the next panel should show Carl saying "c'mon, Scout!" to a cat, who should enthusiastically respond "woof!"
- Carl decides to drink, so he throws away the car key and decides to walk instead.