Carl is Dead -- Long Live Carl!
Congratulations to Zen MasterMorgan Doninger for our soul-of-simplicity winner this week! Also to Rob Staeger whose similar idea was wonderfully phrased. For all their new-found fame, though, these honored wise ones must silently share the stage with another -- a dedicated, tireless and brilliant fellow, who shall remain nameless -- who had the right idea, but, alas, at the wrong time.
As always, suggestions are listed in the order they were received. Thanks for playing and keep those suggestions coming!
- Close-up of the back of Carl's head. Through the car windshield, we see the front end of a pink tractor-trailer and a screaming driver.
CARL: "I love Dumbo."
- Elephant smashing car into little bitty bite-sized pieces. Voice from mangled inside of car: "Man, is he strong!"
- As they say, "Nature abhors a vacuum". The elephant simply must inhale Carl's car, complete with telltale "python digesting a pig" lump in the pachyderm's trunk.
- The elephant stomps on Carl's car with a mighty foot.
- Carl (still driving, but looking backwards): "Whoa! Was that elephant in color??"
- Elephant (now in Carl's car): "As your elephant, I advise you to _floor it_!"
- In deference to last week's suggestion that there really *is* an elephant in the road, how about a wide shot of the circus parade (just after the collision), with someone screaming "my elephant!"
- In a continuation of the last panel we see the back of the elephant, but it is now a pink truck,ramming right into Carl.
- Looking out the windshield, we see a train with "Circus" cars blocking the road. Carl says "Gaah!"
- We see the car from the side, perhaps with the tail end of the elephant at the left edge of the panel. The car "skids" on a pile of elephant droppings...
- A ringmaster from a circus sticking his head into the
elephant tamer's tent and crying, "My God, Jimmy!
Elvira, the giant pink elephant who hates late-model
Buicks, has escaped again! What will we do?"
- carl puts a gun to his head and says, "REALLY strong!"
- The bottom of the pink elephant's foot takes up the entire panel.
Tony the Comics Guy
- Carl's car has crashed into the real elephant. His body is halfway in the car, halfway on the hood through the broken windshield." I never did like the circus..." Carl mutters, fading away.
- Carl says "Whew, that was a close one" after dodging the pink elephant, while a rhino is falling towards the car from above.
- Carl decides to take extra-strength Tylenol for a small headache.
- Carl and the Pink Elephant are sitting on the curb, sharing the drugs. The elephant is beginning to tip over onto Carl. "Want a yellow one?" Carl is asking, ignorant of his impending two-dimensional (or, since comics are a two dimensional medium, one-dimensional?) fate.