This week's panel suggested by L. Frank Weber!
(In fact, I used parts of both of L. Frank's suggestions!)
Funny, it doesn't *feel* any different.
As always, suggestions are listed in the order they were received. Thanks for playing and please join us again next Sunday!
- Carl thinks his chick's faking being drunk because he didn't see her drink anything that night.
[Well, I missed getting it online by Hanukah but I Can't Stop Thinking #5 is now up! --Scott]
[Everything's fine, but our downstairs net access has been spotty lately, and the attention spans of 5 and 7 year old girls is a fickle thing indeed! --Scott]
Wow... three weeks in a row. Sorry, but this is a personal record.
- Carl's mom mutates into the Microsoft monster. Carl and Daisy: "EEK!"
Okay, so it's been done allready, but the fact that Daisy can't rescue them makes it more interesting... OK, so it dosen't. But still...
- Both Carl and Daisy in the car. Daisy is behind the wheel and drunk. Carl: You had better drive. I'm going to be drinking.
- A dark-haired Girl enters the scene Dark Haired Girl: Carl! You're MINE!!! Daisy, Carl, Mom: Edna!!!???
This has been a very fun exercise. Can't wait to see how the last five panels turn out!
- Daisy: Let's take my car! I'm Driving!
- Mom: Daisy! Have you lost your mind?!?
- I apologize ahead of time: Caption:This week on Jerry Springer... Jerry: Carls who promise not to drink and drive while drivng with Drunken Daisys! Crowd is chanting Jerrry! Jerry! Jerry! I apologize again.
- Carl:It's OK, Mom. She's drinking. I'm driving!
- Mom: Promise you won't let Daisy drive! Carl:Hey, waitaminute...
- Carl: Hmm. I Can't seem to find my keys... Daisy: Hic! I got 'em!
- Carl:Hey, Mom! Can Daisy drive?
- Carl: You're drunk. Let's go for a walk...
- Mom (to Daisy):Boo! Daisy is terrified. Eeek!
Scott, how did you get hooked up with Kitchen Sink?
[Actually KSP "bought" Tundra, the original publisher of Understanding Comics. I'd known Denis of and on for years so I just went with the flow! --Scott]
- carl's mom driving recklessly in her car and downing "BUD" like it's going out of business. carl's mom: "if you can't beat 'em, JOIN 'em!"
- carl's mom points at the drunk girl and says "who the heck is that? where's daisy?" drunk girl: "daisy who?"
- caption: "meanwhile..." a man in a smoking jacket sits in a leather easy chair smoking a pipe with a toster on his lap. "as i was saying ..."
Man, I haven't looked at Carl in forever... and it's still going!!
- Daisy and Carl head to the car: Daisy: I'll drive!
- Daisy and Carl head to the car: Carl: Maybe I should drive
- Daisy and Carl head to the car: Carl: Maybe I should drive Adding to that, for foreshadsowing: Carl has a martini glass in his hand
- Daisy and Carl head to the car: Carl: Maybe I should drive For more extreme (read:ridiculous) foreshadowing: Carl has a martini in his hand, two beer bottles in his pants pockets, and Daisy is carrying a keg that Carl is drinking directly out of.
- Daisy (or Carl): We should go (Pick one of many activities that are dangerous while intoxicated: Skydiving, skiing, hang-gliding, skeet shooting, yak hunting, business district rezoning, voting, or luge)
- Carl: (as leaving) Bye! We're going to drive to Super X-Treme World Championship Ultimate Doom Wrestling SmackDown!
- Carl: Wow, it sure is snowing hard. We'd better do some shots to keep warm.
- Carl: Say, did you know my car has a complete wet bar AND a rocket powered engine? But no brakes, which is weird, when you think about it.
- (While driving) Carl: Say, aren't those ibex?
- Carl: Look out for that hanging chad! I'm sorry, I'll never do that again.
Ok, now i know that you've all had your fun and games, playing around with my life.
But i've got to tell you all, i'm just a wee bit sick of always ending up under that gravestone!
I mean, come on, i've rarely gotten the girl, i don't seem able to learn from my mistakes and i always end up dead (note: i am choosing not to digress into a discussion about life and death and how we will all eventually end up dead, ok? ok).
How about, Carl goes off to university, has some meaningful experiences, sees the world, discovers that the important things to him are his family and daisy, gets a job doing things he enjoys (drawing comics?) and basically living a wonderful life.
Why don't you guys (and girls/women/people/humans [not to exclude any non-humans out there]) give me that kind of life? Huh? Why?!
Ah, screw it, i'm just going to die _again_ anyway.
- How bout for the next panel have mom help me do an intervention on daisy to help her out with her alcoholism problem.
Where in the panel are the car keys Morgan suggested?
- The obvious one first: A very frustrated Ethel opens a bottle of Whiskey, muttering: "Lushes... they're all drunken lushes..."
- Completely frustrated, Ethel turns into the Momster again, while Daisy snarls her vampire fangs and, behind the next door, Scott is waiting with an axe. (See UC, chapter 1)
- Close-up of Carl, who's opening his eyes WIDE: "Um... Daisy? WHERE are we going?!"
- The car from outside. Word balloons: "I'm driving!" - "No, (hic!) I'm driving!" (With a nod to UC, chapter 7)
And now for a personal announcement: I finally managed to open the Comics Section of my Web site of Narrative Arts! (http://www.gerwinski.de/~markus/) Up to now, there are just some articles about comics on there, but I hope to start at least some of my own online comic projects in 2001. Happy new year!
Sometimes, the most predictable path is the best one.
- Carl: "She didn't say anything about DAISY drinking and driving!"
Well, I guess this was not one of those times.
[Insert sound of breaking glass! --Scott]
- Carl and Daisy have just left. Carl's Mom: "Well!"
- Carl and Daisy get in a car -- Daisy at the wheel. Carl: "Uh, don't you think I should drive?" Daisy: "I thought I was driving."
- Carl and Daisy climb on a waiting horse -- Daisy in front. Carl: "Uh, don't you think I should drive?" Daisy: "Yippee-ki-yay, Carl!"
- Daisy starts licking Carl's ear. Mom looks on in disgust. Carl still has that vapid smile.
- Daisy holds the car keys in one hand while slapping her forehead with the other: "Oh my God," she exclaims, "I've lost my keys!!"
- Daisy siting on a sober Carls' back as she pretends to 'drive' him like a car.
Happy Holidays Scott. Two ideas:
- Ethel watches Daisy and Carl drive off thinking "What'll I do with that boy?"
- Ethel watches them drive off and thinks "I really have to hide those keys."
I get a bit of satisfaction from haveing won in the end of the beginning of the Carl-a-thon and the beginning of the end. Is there two n's in beginning, I can never remember.
- Come on in Daisy,but don't puke into my car!
You, my friend, are EVIL! I love it!
- Carl's mother asks... "Shes driving, isn't she?" Carl: "Yup!"
- Daisy and Carl are in a car, Daisy is behind the wheel when she says: "Hic, no one tole *me* not to drink and drive!"
- Mom: "Promise me you'll stop seeing that lush, Carl!" Carl: "Uh..."
L. Frank Weber
I really couldn't give a stuff anymore
- As carl and daisy make off for the car, carl's mom yells at them "hey! get back here!"
- Carl is roof surfing on the car while a drunk daisy is madly exceeding the speed limit.
I don't think you'll even be attempting to read this, I know some sort of hand of fate will denie these otherwise stupid suggestions from your eyes (god i'm so low.)
- Carl looks at Mom, shrugging his shoulders as Daisy hangs on him drunkly and
says "What...? *She's* drinking, *I'm* driving...!"
I'm also a comic artist and I think your books are, as they say, da bomb.
- Carls mom attacks Carls drunken girlfriend for being the evil harlot that has led her innocent boy to the sin of drinking.
I like it
- Carl's Mom: Promise me you won't let *HER* drive! Carl: Um.. okay
- Carl is driving down a long stretch of road, a drunk Daisy is asleep in the passenger's seat and a UFO is following them in the rear view mirror or above the car.
- Carl driving: Wow, what a day it has been. I bet it can't get any stranger, though. Daisy is smiling and her vampire fangs are showing.
- Oh yea, my obligatory odd caption: Carl: But how can we drive with this army of undead outside?
After reading that last entry, I got several flashes of inspiration... then I realized that you probably wanted to keep the PG rating.
- Mom pulls out gun, "You're not taking him anywhere!"
- Daisy is driving the car while Carl is drinking. Carl thinks, "I didn't promise not to drink and ride."
- Everyone is in the same position but smiling. Carl: "Don't worry, we're taking the bus."
- Carl is turned toward Daisy. Daisy: "You're mom can drive us." We see a knife in Mom's hand. Mom: "Grrrr"
Well, I'm sorry I didn't get on the action until the 5th panel. When you start the next collabrative thing, should we expect to see Carl, or will we have a new hero?
[I sort of think of Carl as my interactive clay, so the next interactive comic I do may indeed involve him. --Scott]
cuthbert the lesser
cuthbert the lesser
- Mother says: Well if Daisy can do it, why can't I? The Mother then grabs a beer.
cuthbert the lesser
Okay, next time I'll think about it for a while and put it all together before I suggest... ;-)
- To clarify: On the above suggestion w/ Carl sitting next to Daisy's grave (or corpse), it should be "years later" (white hair, beard, cane, etc.) to show that he's still keeping his promise but feeling a little sheepish about it now...
- Show Daisy "years later" with Carl's ghost hovering, looking bored as she watches soaps or outraged as she dates or... something...
- Daisy offers Carl's mom a beer
- Carl: "But I can't leave! I just promised!"
- Daisy falls comatose; Carl catches beer. Or perhaps his mom.
- Carl & Daisy step into a teleporter. "Good think we don't have to worry about driving any more!"
- They step out the door and a piano falls towards them.
cuthbert the lesser
Oh, oh, oh, and... (really, I'll save 'em up next time. Really...)
- Carl & Daisy depart riding a tandem bicycle.
I finally have a web page-sort of. Therefore I am excercising my right as a previous Carl winner to post my link: members.aol.com/ifwhenpress/home.html I hope to have my URL- www.ifwhenpress.com up and running really soon.
- Daisy: Gimmee the keys. hic! I'm drivin'!
- Mom: Why don't you kids just stay here?
- Carl has a dream in which Thor bursts into flames which sets off a nuclear war and the only way Carl can save the Universe is by writing, "On the other hand maybe not" 12,462 times on a black board, but istead he dies, um...somehow.
- Carl: "Don't worry mom, Daisy's driving!"
- Mom: "Is she drunk?" Carl: "Nah, don't worry, she's just on drugs"
- Mom: "You're not getting in a car with that drunken whore, Carl!!!!!!" Carl: "Hey!"
- Carl and Daisy drive off, weaving and bobbing all over the road, with mom watching... Mom: "Ah, young love..."
Not far now...
- Carl notices that Daisy's dog is also drunk and is trying to pull the car out of the driveway!! Better stop the drunk-driving dog, Carl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!