Well, That’s Just Gorgeous

The Twitterverse was all abuzz yesterday for this wonderful guide to facial expressions by Lackadaisy creator Tracy J. Butler. More than just a tutorial, the thing is a practically a work of art on its own (and should probably be a poster).

And naturally, if you like the tutorial and haven’t read the comic, now is as good a time as any.

And YES, let’s have fewer “Smarm Brows” out there, okay?

Discussion (13)¬

1. Naptunian says:

Wow, this is amazing!!!

2. Thanks for the lead, Scott, on another excellent webcomic.

3. Bluus says:

Ahhh I love Tracy Butler’s work, she’s got such SASS, haha. I had a lot of fun reading her expression tutorial yesterday, informative and funny just as it should be

4. Mike says:

Even if you read the comic on the google/facebook-webs, you all should REALLY run out TODAY and buy the book she’s got out.

Having it right there in your hands as you read makes it a little better.

5. Pretty Jeff says:

I think her comment on the “Chronic C-mouth” is important, as a lot of webcomics tend to have that ailment, mine included. The C-mouth is an easy way of conveying dialogue, and a lot of people focus more on what comes out of a character’s mouth than what the mouth looks like.

6. Max West says:

Lackadaisy Cats is an impressive webcomic.

And it’s good to practice facial expressions – that can help make a character look better and read easier to the viewers.

7. James H says:

I was thinking it would have made an excellent poster when I first saw it too. I’d put it right next to my desk for when I work. It’s quite excellent.

8. Sarcasm says:

Stop being elitist ’bout smarn brows. /:-)

9. [...] situovaný do období prohibice. Je to takový milý Blacksad v sépiovém odstínu. [via Scott McCloud] Mohlo by vás také zajímat:První signální: Aargh! má dnes desáté narozeninyBrněnská [...]