You Wascally Weaders
Well, despite a healthy Warner Brothers contingient and a
group of good-hearted souls, doing their best to keep everyone
alive; a little death seemed, nevertheless appropriate -- not to
mention symmetrical. Congratulations to:
Jonathan L. Miller,
frank episale, and
Jeff who all knew where to take aim! Note: Frank took our winners-only offer to link to his sight --just click on his name. Remember, that's winners only ('cause we all know what would happen otherwise!)
As always, suggestions are listed in the order they were
Thanks for playing and keep those suggestions coming!
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this suggestion is
repeatedly, but what the hey --
- As Carl flies off in the distance, we see a pair of black
enter the panel from underneath, replacing the "Duck Season" sign
with one that says "Rabbit Season."
Word balloon "Yes, I'm Despicable."
- Flying Carl, attempting to "put on the brakes" as
buckshot whizzes past him, his feet are forward in classic Looney
Tunes screech-to-a-halt posture. He has a shocked expression.
SFX (off) Ka-Pow!!
(as the shrapnel brushes a wingtip) snick!
CARL: Weeee-- Hey!!
I realize this isn't a two-panel deal this week, BUT..
the idea is that in the next panel, Flying Carl will plummet to
earth, fatally wounded, landing squarely in the graveyard,
preferably right on top of Original Carl and Formerly Falling
- "Hey Hunter!" yells Carls mother, unfortunately she
startles him and so she is riddled with bullets.
- flying carl's corpse crashes in a heap on his
mom's front lawn. she look out her front window &
David Goldfarb (age 30)
- A bullet slams into flying Carl; he begins to fall
towards a nearby graveyard.
Jonathan L. Miller
This is almost too easy. We have to tie in (somehow)
to the tombstone panel that will be above the next panel, so how
- The bullet flys at Flying-Carl, who is too unused to his
do anything! Suddenly! Mom appears, taking a bullet for her son!
Mom! I never knew you could fly!
Mom: We...can..all fly....my beloved son......
- The hunter shoots off Carl's wings and he lands on his
(I know it's busy but we've only got two panels to get these
storys to merge back together).
- A famous black duck steps in and changes the sign to
read "Wabbit Season"!
- Driving Carl comes to the resuce and runs over the
- Driving carl and the hunter drive away in the car with
carl strapped to the hood.
- Drving Carl plows through the hunter, saving the
flying Carl. Flying Carl in the distance goes, "Weee-huh?".
- carl catches bullet in his teeth. there is a wicked,
swirly-colored gleam in his eye.
- bullett has passed carl. he whirls around to see his
mother, now also with wings. "MOM!! OH NO!!"
- carl, a bullet hole in one wing, plummets toward earth
- carl looks on as pink elephant, struck by bullett,
falls past him
- White gloved hand from behind tree whips off the Duck
Season poster to reveal one which says "Wabbit Season",
we see ears but nothing else (to save copyright infringment).
Hunter is stunned and forgets to fire.
- Carl's mother should fly by, saving carl, but
unfortunately meeting her demise.
Maybe even show her head on a trophy in the hunter's house with
carl looking longingly from outside through a window.
- The caption from this week's panel should fall, hit
the hunter on the head, and throw off his shot, only winging
Carl, cause, you know, why not?
- Flying Carl throws a beer bottle at the hunter, at
which he runs away, shown to be a coward.
- Driving Carl drives to see flying Carl. However, he
isn't looking and hits the hunter. (For once, a
bad guy dies in this series.)
- 1st the hunter has pullen out his shotgun. However,
flying Carl pulls out a bigger shotgun. Either a):
they laugh, or b): Carl shoots the hunter, thus
beginning the tale of Carl's life of Crime
(endangering both murdering-flying Carl AS WELL
AS as driving Carl!).
- The giant pink elephant, seeing Carl again, lunges
at him. The hunter fires at the elephant. Either
the elephant dies, or he and Carl attack the
- Carl, in desparation, says "Hey! Try this!" He then
throws him a bottle of beer. "Mmmmm!" says the
hunter. Could this be the start of an UNUSUAL
relationship? Flying-painting-drunk and pshycho-
hunter -- friends.
- The hunter fires. Yet, rather than it being a
bullets, it turns out to be a squirt-gun, or maybe
a litle flag that says "BANG!"
- The hunter, sadly, shoots Carl. He is then
confronted by Carl's mom. (If there are two Carls,
aren't there two Carl's moms?) She see's the beer
bottle next to him and cries.
- Carl is sucked back into his canvas, saved from the
- After the hunter makes his chilling statement, Carl
magically turns to orange. His hair turns to red.
He could say, "AHHH! I'm on--no! No wait! WEE!",
or something. (This story gets stranger and
- Seeing Carl in the hunter's sight, either a): a
sworm of ducks attack the hunter, causing him to
flee in terror, or b): a duck, seeing Carl in
danger, sacrifices his life. (In a sick way, it
would be a little amusing to see "R.I.P. Duck".)
- In the last cell, Carl said "WEE!" In this cell,
the hunter says "WEE!", and shoots Carl! (Short and
Howard "so close" Schiller
- "Blam"... Carl gets shot in the wing (you know with
feathers flying everywhere) and starts his fall towards the
M. Robert Turnage
- Car-Carl ert-smashes into the hunter and the tree. A
shot goes off, sending the Flying Carl spirialing downward.
- A duck appears and takes a bullet for
the flying man.
- Show the hunter with a giant bullseye on his chest as
the pellets fired from the gun are whizzing past carl. (The view
should be as Carl is in the air looking down at the hunter.)
- The bullet whizzes over Flying Carl's head,
because he ducks ... "Good thing it's duck season."
- The bullet lodges in an actual orange (the fruit) that
Carl is carrying (oh, the irony!)
- Flying Carl spirals toward the ground. "Yahhhhhhhh!
- "then again neither am I...." hunter puts head to shotgun
- Bambi charges Hunter "THE KILLING ENDS NOW!! WITH
Sky (Age 5)
- He shoots Carl, Carl falls down dead. The next panel is
Winter (Age 3)
- The pig steps over the car.